HOW TO TREAT ROSACEA WITHOUT USING CREAMS
The redness, itching or burning of the cheeks that is so difficult to control or calm, which we call rosacea , and it presents itself in this way, sometimes even with pimples or thicker skin in certain areas or even dryness or other problems in the eyes can have a hereditary origin and is much more common in women, which would also point to a possible hormonal cause.
People suffering from rosacea have been found to lack “friendly” bacteria and have an excess of less “friendly” bacteria.
Thanks to the growing interest in the microbiota-skin relationship, it has been discovered that people who suffer from rosacea lack “friendly” bacteria and have an excess of less “friendly” bacteria. That is why it is important to take care of the intestinal microbiota.
In fact, we know that many patients with rosacea have digestive symptoms such as dyspepsia, bloating, flatulence, constipation, diarrhea and bloating.
So if we suffer from rosacea, the first step is to balance our intestine and its inhabitants.
Where can we start?
- Feed your friendly bacteria: Fill your plates with greens and vegetables, take seeds and nuts, cook the tubers and let them cool to form resistant starch. All these fibers are a feast for our friendly bacteria.
- Grow your bacterial population: you can increase your bacteria by regularly drinking fermented foods such as water kefir, kombucha, pickles, kimchi, sauerkraut... Specifically for the skin, the best-known strains are Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium lactis, Bifidobacterim longum and Lactobacillus casei, which you can also take as a supplement 😊
- Avoid cosmetic products with substances that can cause aggressive cleaning. Our products help you maintain the natural balance of your skin microbiota, prevent skin irritations and help you find calm thanks to their natural active ingredients formulated specifically for this. They also provide good oxygenation to the skin, which will allow healthy growth of anaerobic bacteria. It is also interesting to allow our clean skin to be in contact with air with good oxygen content as in nature.
- Manage your stress healthily: stress is a primary trigger for intestinal and skin dysbiosis. Learning to manage it is a great habit for our microbial health.
- Make rational use of antibiotics: they can worsen symptoms or in some cases improve them momentarily by reducing the pathogenic skin microbiota. For our health and that of the planet, it is essential that we use antibiotics with extreme caution and that it is due to a medical diagnosis of bacterial (not viral) infection.
Personally, rosacea is a challenge to understand what is happening inside me, at times I feel like it is a pressure cooker, so I try to talk and express my emotions.
Breathing and meditating help me a lot to connect with what is happening to me and be able to improve my rosacea.
I decided to create Mamita for this same reason, to be able to help understand what is happening to us and take care of ourselves externally with living products that react to contact with our skin. It's a daily challenge that's worth it :)
Externally, continue taking care of your skin with the best active plant ingredients that you can find in all our products so that you can enjoy the results on your skin.